You probably already know with the economy and the number if individuals unemployed that it has become an employers market. So, with this in mind I was quite surprised when I ran across a job description for a company and ALL its perks fully laid out of all to see! This company was actually selling itself to the employee not the other way around. Check out their culture statement.
“Our employee-first culture is supported through great training, consistent communication and an outstanding benefits package. Here are some highlights of the special and unique benefits we offer our full-time and part-time employees.
Interested yet? Their benefits are:
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans
• Term Life insurance and In-Hospital Cash Plans
• Domestic Partner and Common law Spouse coverage
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program available online 24 hours a day
• Paid vacation
• Great Pay and exceptional training
• Security in a financially strong company
• 401k plan with a discretionary employer match
• 40% merchandise discount
• 50% discount on our best-selling product
• 30% discount on product installation services
• A consistent Performance Review process
• Casual, yet professional work attire
• An opportunity to provide the most extraordinary service to the most amazing customers
• Additionally, our full-time employees are eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance, Flexible spending accounts and paid maternity and paternity leave.
WOW!! now you know what peaked my excitement and why I was so intrigued with this company. The first thing I said to myself was “Now that’s a company I would love to work for.” A company who caters and courts their employees in a sea of employer market companies.
Have you guessed what company this is yet? Hmm! Think containers. Yes, ” THE CONTAINER STORE.”
So, want to do try something different in your company? At your next board meeting or leadership meeting bring up implementing an employee first culture and stand back and see what type of employees you get to work for your company. I can imagine they would be happy and look forward to coming to work everyday, especially with a package like the container store if offering.
Just a thought!
Linda Johnson, MA
Organizational Management Consultant